PDA

View Full Version : test of fiability of a qt application

khadija123
31st March 2012, 20:58
hi,
sorry to bother u but i'll ask u to help me with this
can you help me with the test of fiability and speed of an application
i want to generate data and populate a base with 1000 records so that i can test it

i'll be thankfull if you help me
thanks again

amleto
1st April 2012, 09:57
what is fiability?

"i want to generate data and populate a base with 1000 records so that i can test it"
Great. So where is your Qt-related question?

d_stranz
1st April 2012, 17:18
what is fiability?

I think the O.P. means "viability".

I have used Qt to generate a database containing over 12 million records, with a total size of 300 - 400 GB. The only issues are those associated with the performance of PostgreSQL itself, not with Qt. The database takes a long time to build, because there are several indexes. After it is built, retrieval is nearly instantaneous.

Qt is almost irrelevant - it simply takes an SQL string and passes it to the PostgreSQL database engine, and that is where all the work gets done. So of course, Qt is viable as the GUI front end for a database application.

khadija123
1st April 2012, 21:18
thank you for reply i would like you to give me a code if you have it
i want to test the fiability and the performane of the qt application associated with postgresql database
i just need some code to do this test
sorry to bother,i'm just new to QT and i have some problems with all this programming
it has been just 1 year and a half that i started to study programming
thanks again for getting interested in my post

ChrisW67
2nd April 2012, 01:15
Write it yourself. Seriously. Start here to connect to your database and then use QSqlQuery to execute SQl statements to create a table and populate it.

We can already tell you that using Qt to talk to PostgreSQL databases is viable, in fact routine. For large data volumes the database engine, not Qt, will generally be the limiting factor. 1000 records is not a large volume and even in a poorly designed database of this size performance is unlikely to be an issue. On the other hand, using a full blown RDBMS for 1000 records could be considered overkill for a single user.