PDA

View Full Version : Parentless window with no taskbar entry

durbrak
12th December 2006, 21:07
Hello,
I have a QMainWindow and sometimes there's a QDialog displayed. I know that if QDialog doesn't have a parent it creates a taskbar entry. Now I have the problem that I don't want QDialog to have a taskbar entry (Windows) because that QDialog should always be visible (with the onTopHint in particular) even if the QMainWindow is minimized.

So the basic problem is that:
- if QDialog has a QMainWindow as a parent - it doesn't have a taskbar entry but it disappears when the QMainWindow is minimized
- but if QDialog has no parent - it doesn't disappear when the QMainWindow is minimized but it has a taskbar entry
:)

I don't want the QDialog to have a taskbar entry and I don't want it getting disappeared when the QMainWindow is minimized. So, am I missing something?

lni
12th December 2006, 21:52
What taskbar you are talking about? Need a screen dump...

oob2
13th December 2006, 00:27
In Qt3, I tried using Qt::QStyle_Splash as one of the flag in WFlag.

It works on Qt3.

durbrak
13th December 2006, 12:42
Hey thanks! That works. But I also have to use Qt::CustomizeWindowHint (so the dialog has a thin frame border) and in combination wit Qt::SplashScreen it won't work (the dialog has no frame at all anymore).

@Ini: I'm talking about the standard Microsoft Windows Taskbar at the bottom of the desktop.

yogeshm02
13th December 2006, 13:30
You might find solution from the Windows libs. I, for example, use the follwing on KDE/Linux

KWin::setState( winId(), NET::SkipTaskbar );

durbrak
13th December 2006, 16:54
Okay, I got it. Instead of Qt::SplashScreen I used Qt::Tool.
Works great :)

yogeshm02
14th December 2006, 13:46
What about the title bar, is it displayed correctly?