PDA

View Full Version : How to speed up the dynamic lib loading?

wshn13
19th April 2012, 09:02
I make a app based on Qt,but it launch very slow.I think it's the dynamic lib loading that take the most the launch time ,especially load the QtGui lib .I want to preload the Qt libs to memory before the app launch , then my Qt based apps will launch faster ,how can I achieve this ???

wysota
19th April 2012, 10:31
You can use system solutions such as readahead or preload. Or you can make your own version of Qt libraries which doesn't have the functionalities you are not using.

wshn13
19th April 2012, 10:44
You can use system solutions such as readahead or preload. Or you can make your own version of Qt libraries which doesn't have the functionalities you are not using.
Thanks for your reply.I want some Qt dynamic libs loaded into memory when the system booting ,so the first Qt app can launch fast .Can you explain more in detials how to do this ?

wysota
19th April 2012, 10:47
No, I can't. Type in "readahead" and "preload" into your favourite search engine or simply download and install preload or readahead and read their docs.

wshn13
19th April 2012, 10:55
No, I can't. Type in "readahead" and "preload" into your favourite search engine or simply download and install preload or readahead and read their docs.
Oh ,I got the detials ,thanks!