PDA

View Full Version : FromQt3 to Qt4

nimmyj
15th December 2006, 12:28
hi,
I had did some examples in Qt3.11 and has installed Qt4.2.2 now.The designer look some what degraded. why there is no dialog box showing new project,new form,new cpp file,new main.and even we cant add new slots using designer,how to connect with database.Even no editor help for writing program.Any solution.

wysota
15th December 2006, 12:50
Because Designer seized trying to be a limited IDE and only handles GUI design now, delegating all other things to proper IDEs.

e8johan
15th December 2006, 12:54
In Qt 4 designer is just that - a designer - not an IDE. I would suggest that you have a look at QDevelop, KDevelop or MonkeyStudio.

nimmyj
15th December 2006, 13:06
Hi Johan,
Can you Suggest the best IDE for Qt4.2

sunil.thaha
15th December 2006, 15:11
For Linux

1. KDevelop
2. Eclipse

Windows
1. Visual Studio
2. Eclipse

nimmyj
18th December 2006, 05:33
hi,
where shall I get Kdevelop for Qt4.2.2

sunil.thaha
18th December 2006, 06:11
AFAIK, There is no KDevelop for Qt 4. But It does have support for Qt 4. If you have Kdevelop installed in your pc, then you can straight away start using KDevlop. Please search for thread that tell you how to set the environment variables for Qt4

If you don't have it installed

KDevelop gets packed with all the Linux Distros, like Redhat, ( Fedora, EL ), CentOS, Suse, Mandriva ... Personally I like Suse..

Alternatively, You can search for kdevelop rpm s or
Download the sources from KDevelops site and compile it. The compilation is just like the Qt's. Remember that KDevelop requires Qt3, to be installed for compiling

nimmyj
18th December 2006, 06:21
hi sunil ,
I had Kdevelp for Qt3 ,As I have installed Qt4.2 now, Can I use the same Kdevelop for Qt4.2

sunil.thaha
18th December 2006, 06:28
Ya, you can !!

First of all set the PATH as

1. PATH=/path/to/Qt4/bin:$PATH
2. kdevelop & <--- Opens KDevelop

Now Explore KDevlop . Write some test applications. FYI, there is a Kdevelop forum.

jineesh
12th January 2007, 17:01
hi sunil
I m have a similar situation, i was using Qt3 and recently installed Qt4. I have to download kdevelop. Using Qt3 i was doing a project, can i continue the same work using Qt4 + kdevelop? (I m using centOS.) Plz helpme......:)
jineesh

sunil.thaha
15th January 2007, 12:00
Kdevelop is just an IDE. It invokes qmake. and The first qmake in the path is invoked. So just have to make sure that for the particualr instance of KDevelop you are running the qmake it calls should be the Qt3/4 accorinding to the need. In my case I have set Qt4's qmake as the first one in the .bash_profile file. so by default I get teh Qt's qmake. and then I made a shell script called enableQt3, that setsqt3's qmake as the first one in the PATH. and I invoke it as

. enableQt3
when I need qt3
Since I have Qt4's qmake as the default one. kdevelop will invoke Qt4's qmake even if I call it from the start menu

jineesh
16th January 2007, 07:08
hi sunil
I made a form with Qt4 . Now i don't know how to compile it using kdevelop? Where to write code? Any help file or examples available ? Video i seen , but it is for windows!!!... I m using centOS and installed Qt4 along with Qt3. I set PATH as Qt4/bin...
Lot of questions because i fully confused with Qt4 .... Plz help me.....:)
jineesh