PDA

View Full Version : how do i use a same project in multiple systems ?

nhatkhang
16th December 2006, 04:46
hi
i have a new problem.
my kdevelop project is working well on my pc. i want to share it with my partner, but he couldn't normaly build my project on his pc. First, errors because the project path, it was not the same to the original project, tried to edit and errors for "required INSTALL, README, COPYING, AUTHORS, NEWS" although the project already contains those files in lowercase name, tried to edit, and couldn't build.......!!!

i got a solution but it seems to be so bad.
i create a new project, named the same with the original one. then i remove all the source files after that add all existing source files from the original one. it was working.

is there anybody tell me a better solution ?

nhatkhang

sunil.thaha
18th December 2006, 06:37
i got a solution but it seems to be so bad.
i create a new project, named the same with the original one. then i remove all the source files after that add all existing source files from the original one. it was working.

KDevelop has an import option in the project menu. This creates a new project by reading your Qt pro file

sunil.thaha
20th December 2006, 17:13
Since you have disabled the private message. I got no other way but to post here :confused:

i had tried import existing project but it's hard to use it.

No at all hard to use,
First create a pro file, I do it hand coded or you can use the qmake -project to get an initial draft.
Do remember that after compiling the project once, issuing the qmake -project will add all those files created by uic & moc to the pro file.

So use it the first time. or you are cautioned ;)

Once you have the pro file ready, then importing is easy. Just go to project menu and import. Show the pro file you have created.
Next, in the project menu you have the Project options. Click it :). In that Dialog go to the Run Tab show kdevelop which file to run

Or

You can try creating a project from the start By using the new In the project menu

And Remember that nothing is easy when you do it the first time. I faced the same problems. But once you start making progress, you will realise that the tool is just wonderful

i don't know how to use, can you tell me where i can find some docs about it ?
There is a forum for KDevelop. It takes weeks to get reply, still its worth a try

nhatkhang
21st December 2006, 09:14
i can create a pro file, but my project is trully a kdevelop project, and then after importing, my project becomes a Qt project base on QMake.

so there were some errors because of the distinguish between Qt and KDE projects.

sunil.thaha
21st December 2006, 10:00
Ooops,

I am very sorry for misguiding you. When you said kdevelop project, I though that you were developing a Qt project in Kdevelop. Very sorry for that.

Why don't you try contacting the KDevelop forum

wysota
21st December 2006, 10:58
The project should not depend on paths. By default KDE projects are based on autoconf and automake and you should use their facilities to make your project "portable". If you experience path problems then it's probably because you use incorrect paths in your project - you have to use relative paths only if you want the project to compile on different machines. About the letter case - Unix-like systems are case-sensitive by default so INSTALL and install are two different files.

nhatkhang
21st December 2006, 17:32
thank you.

i got it. In KDevelop, there's a plug-in "Distribution and Publishing project". in order to copy project, i need to Create Source Archieve (tar file) and copy this file to away pc. on that pc, i extract this file, and compile the project by "import existing project".
at last, i run configure, atuomake&friend, install. and some settings for the working path for running. That's all.

thank you
nhatkhang:)