PDA

View Full Version : QT Linguist: Export translation for translator?

janton
4th May 2012, 11:22
Dear QT,

We have a small program that is now in Dutch en English, we did this our own in QT Linguist BUT we're going to let this be translated by translator(s) in another two other languages: French and German.

How could I provide the translator(s) with a list of words and phrases that needs to be translated? I'm very new to this, so maybe it's just as simple as export or save as txt file or something link this? I don't think they have QT installed or that they would like to install QT for this small translation.

Somebody experienced in this field?

zgulser
4th May 2012, 11:38
You need to create to a file, for French for example, like;

.._fr.ts and then go to your source code and mark the words that are visible to user with tr().

Then go to Qt Linguist and open the file _fr.ts and type french tra for each word.

janton
4th May 2012, 11:43
Yes i know this, we did already translate for two languages.. but my question was can I make a list of the words/phrases that need to be translated so i can simply email it to the translator. because he doesn't use Linguist

zgulser
4th May 2012, 12:08
Oh I see,

Hımm I suppose you may need to parse the tx xml file usiNG QDom to create your own document.

Sorry about misunderstanding.

janton
4th May 2012, 12:45
I now did the following:

Linguige:
File > Print..

And then I used my internal PDF printer, perhaps there is also a print to word but this was already enough for me!
I then copied all the text from the pdf to word.. took me 15-20 minutes but.. it worked!