PDA

View Full Version : OS X system errors

Olliebrown
6th May 2012, 22:55
I have a Qt program (Qt SDK 1.2 targeting desktop Qt 4.7.4) that has been developed on OS X and may be ported to other platforms one day but for now is only being used on OS X.

Recently I've been getting a lot of system error messages that I believe I wasn't getting at one time. I don't know if there was a clear change (such as a new version of Qt) that caused them to appear. For now, I've been ignoring them and the program seems to proceed okay but I'd like to deal with them and since they are OS X system messages I'm not sure how to do that. Here's some examples:

2012-05-06 16:38:44.818 RFViewer2[2406:a0f] *** -[NSCFString replaceCharactersInRange:withString:]: Range or index out of bounds
2012-05-06 16:38:44.822 RFViewer2[2406:a0f] _createMenuRef called with existing principal MenuRef already associated with menu

What I get are re-occurances of these same two messages over and over again. They appear when specific form events happen (such as selecting a menu item, clicking a button or creating a new QMdiSubWindow) but I haven't established a clear correlation with any specific form event (not that it doesn't exist, I just haven't put in the effort yet). Of course I'm not calling either of these functions directly, they must be getting called by Qt somewhere.

Any ideas? Any tips from those that know more about OSX on how I could debug these? I use Qt Creator and GDB and haven't found a clear way to even break when these errors happen (sadly I don't know much about GDB, I let the IDE handle it for me).

Note: I have compiled against 4.8.1 as well and the error messages are still there.

Seth