PDA

View Full Version : Getting errors while trying to compile Qvfb from Qt/X11 environment

sunil-vasudevan
9th May 2012, 10:10
hi all,
I downloaded the latest libraries (Qt libraries 4.8.1 for Linux/X11).
I was trying to build the qvfb from ~/Qt-X11/tools/qvfb.Prior to this compilation, i had compiled Qt/X11 successfully and set the Qt path accordingly.

Then i tried to build qvfb by giving make command from the qvfb folder which resulted with errors

While compiling the qvfb i am getting the errors related to qanimationwriter.cpp as follows

Makefile:4577: warning: overriding commands for target `.obj/release-shared/qlock.o’
Makefile:4259: warning: ignoring old commands for target `.obj/release-shared/qlock.o’
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_QWS_SIGNALHANDLER -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_HAVE_MMX -DQT_HAVE_3DNOW -DQT_HAVE_SSE -DQT_HAVE_MMXEXT -DQT_HAVE_SSE2 -DQT_HAVE_SSE3 -DQT_HAVE_SSSE3 -DQT_HAVE_SSE4_1 -DQT_HAVE_SSE4_2 -DQT_HAVE_AVX -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -DQT_SHARED -I../../mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I../../include/QtCore -I../../include/QtGui -I../../include -I../../src/gui/embedded -I../shared/deviceskin -I../../src/3rdparty/libpng -I../../src/3rdparty/zlib -I/usr/X11R6/include -I.uic/release-shared -I.moc/release-shared -o .obj/release-shared/qanimationwriter.o qanimationwriter.cpp
qanimationwriter.cpp:74: error: ‘png_structp’ does not name a type
qanimationwriter.cpp:75: error: ‘png_infop’ does not name a type
qanimationwriter.cpp:107: error: ‘png_structp’ has not been declared
qanimationwriter.cpp:107: error: ‘png_bytep’ has not been declared
qanimationwriter.cpp:107: error: ‘png_size_t’ has not been declared

can anybody help me to overcome this issue

thanks&regards
sunil

sunil-vasudevan
10th May 2012, 11:44
hi all,
I myself found the reason for build failure for the qvfb.Infact it was a bug in the qt4.8.1 version release itself as it is being reported by the following link.

https://bugreports.qt-project.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?decorator=printable&reset=true&&pid=10510&resolution=-1&component=19151&sorter/field=updated&sorter/order=DESC
please search for the “qvfb” in the above link

Then I downloaded the 4.5.2 sourcecode for both Qt/Embedded and Qt/X11 and finally i am able to bring the qvfb emulator up .Following link will give the proper instructions to install the qvfb.
http://www.qtcentre.org/archive/index.php/t-37822.html

So finally I am able to run the Qt/Embedded application using the Qvfb from the Qt/X11 tools….:D:cool::p