PDA

View Full Version : Why Qt Assistant doesn't work in Fodera 6?

luffy27
18th December 2006, 11:23
After install the Fedora Core 6, I found that the Qt Assistant doesn't work. When I run the Assistant the error message said that "can not find /usr/share/doc/qt-devel-3.3.6/html/***.dcf". (But the intereface runs well)
So I went to the /usr/share/doc/ to see what's wrong. I found there is only a directory named qt-3.3 and no qt-devel-3.3.6 existing. And in the directory qt-3.3 there isn't also any documents like *.html or *.dcf.
But when I write " rpm -qa|grep qt "in commad line, the system said I have already installed the qt-3.3.6 and qt-devel-3.3.6. And then I write "whereis qt-3.3.6" ,it says the qt-3.3.6 is installed in /usr/lib/qt-3.3. But when I write "whereis qt-devel-3.3.6", it show noting!

When i used the Fedora 2, the Qt Assistant works well. So what should do to let the Qt
Assistant back to work? I am totaly messed up.

Thanks a lot!

wysota
18th December 2006, 11:35
You probably misinstalled those Qt packages or are missing some package. I suggest reinstalling the devel package, just make sure you are installing one which was created for your exact distro. You can also try using "locate .dcf" or 'find /usr -name "*.dcf"' to see if you have those files at all.

luffy27
18th December 2006, 11:51
But the Qt Designer and the Qt Linguis run well.
The qt-devel should inculde the Qt Assistant, Designer and the Linguist, doesn't it?
And also I want to ask about the relationship betwenn the packages of qt-3.3.*and qt-devel-3.3*?
Thanks a lot.

wysota
18th December 2006, 13:46
But the Qt Designer and the Qt Linguis run well.
But the docs are not there :) Maybe you need a separate package for that? qt-docs or something like that?

The qt-devel should inculde the Qt Assistant, Designer and the Linguist, doesn't it?
It depends on the distro and package used.

And also I want to ask about the relationship betwenn the packages of qt-3.3.*and qt-devel-3.3*?
"qt" is used to run applications written with Qt, "qt-devel" is used to be able to compile such apps, so if you don't plan writing/compiling such applications yourself, you can skip installing the devel package, but if you want to run Qt apps (like KDE), you need to have "qt" installed.

luffy27
19th December 2006, 07:06
All right, thank you very much.
I sovled the problem by type "yum qt-devel-docs" in command line to download the package needed. Now my Assistant work well agian.
And also I know the relationship between qt and qt-devel.
Thanks a lot !

But I have another question. Right now, I have two versions of qt, qt-2.* and qt-3.*. They are both installed on my system. How could I know which one is used while compiling app?

wysota
19th December 2006, 07:19
Qt3 is used by default. Qt2 is deprecated.

luffy27
19th December 2006, 19:51
Thank you wysota