PDA

View Full Version : custom widgets events handling and loading through QUiLoader

Charvi
16th May 2012, 09:03
HI,

I have one client and one server application running on my machine. The client application consists of a QUiLoader class which loads a form as specified by the server. The server sends the name of the form to be loaded and also the default values of the widget. I have created my own custom widget and made forms out of this. The client app is able to load this widget also. Now I want to associate some default events with the custom widget. I want that whenever I press enter after entering some data in say a custom LineEdit then that data should be sent to the server. But I dont want to add this to the client application because I want to make the client application as a generic application that can load any form as told by the server.

I want to write this code in the custom widget code. But how to send this acquired data to the server is a problem.

Please help.

Thanks in advance,
Charvi.

P.S.: In other words how do I take user inputs (like in a line edit) in dynamically loaded form without affecting my application which loads the custom forms.

Added after 55 minutes:

Will QT Quick, QML and Qt Declarative be of any help in my context of use. I am not too much familiar with then just bumped across the names.

Added after 9 minutes:

Will QT Quick, QML and Qt Declarative be of any help in my context of use. I am not too much familiar with then just bumped across the names.

Charvi
16th May 2012, 19:01
Bump........
Anybody thr ?

Charvi
17th May 2012, 10:38
One more bump..................

Charvi
18th May 2012, 10:42
will using some custom xml parser instead of QUiLoader help or will that only increase the complexity ?