PDA

View Full Version : Packaging QT desktop application

pallavi12345
22nd May 2012, 10:52
I have developed one sample application using QT and OpenCv. When you clicke on button it will open file open dialog box and run the video in display label.
Finally, if I want to run the exe on another computer, how do I do it without including supporting dlls (both for QT and Opencv). So that the size of my application would remain less because I am using some functionalities out of all

nish
22nd May 2012, 11:01
you can compile qt with unwanted features turned off.

pallavi12345
22nd May 2012, 11:41
Hi nish,

Thanks for reply. Could you please tell me how to do it?

ChrisW67
22nd May 2012, 23:31
Finally, if I want to run the exe on another computer, how do I do it without including supporting dlls (both for QT and Opencv). So that the size of my application would remain less because I am using some functionalities out of all
You read the Deploying Qt Applications documentation, assess your ability to comply with the Qt and other* licenses, assess your ability to live without the Qt plugin architecture, and build a static Qt. You then need to build OpenCV as a static library and accept any limitations that might come with that decision. Build your application using the static libraries.

I suspect the effort is not worth the gain, but that's your call.

* For example: Qt Commercial Edition licensees that wish to distribute applications that use the QtWebKit module need to be aware of their obligations under the GNU Library General Public License (LGPL). QtScript is licensed under the GNU Library General Public License. Individual contributor names and copyright dates can be found inline in the code.

pallavi12345
25th May 2012, 12:25
I have installed QTSDK QT 4.7.4 on windows. To re-configure it to trun some features off, I searched for configure.exe in C:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.4\msvc2008
But I could not find it.. is it womewhere else?

ChrisW67
25th May 2012, 23:28
Yes, in the Qt source code.

The Qt SDK does not, by default, install the Qt source code, just a compiled version suitable for a particular compiler tool chain (MingW or MSVC). So, the first thing you need to do is download the Qt source code matching the binary version you have installed already. You do this using the Qt SDK Maintenance Tool.

pallavi12345
29th May 2012, 14:18
Resolved thanks :)