PDA

View Full Version : Receiving Streaming frames

^NyAw^
24th May 2012, 14:34
Hi,

I have a IP camera that I want to get the frames that it streams.
I'm able to get one frame using QNetworkAccesManager using a Url request and receiving the image on a QNetworkReply. Using this method I can use a timer to poll the camera.
Now I configured the camera to send the image every second to my computer IP(unicast sending). The problem is that I don't know how to get the image as QNetworkReply gets me.

Thanks,

ChrisW67
25th May 2012, 00:57
We don't have any idea what your camera is doing either. I would guess that it is one of:

Send an HTTP get that triggers the camera to start. The camera holds open the connection and keeps sending images. This would show a a QNetworkReply that did not finish but kept issuing signals as more data arrives. You would have to know how to seprate images.
Send an HTTP get that triggers the camera to start. Each HTTP return contains a "refresh" meta tag. You then program to refetch the page on the requested period.
Use a UDP listening socket and handle the proprietary stream that you (might) receive.

My money is on option 3 but your guess is almost certainly better informed than ours.

^NyAw^
25th May 2012, 09:14
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I used option 1. I used wireshark to decrypt what the camera is sending and it sends what you explained in your first approach.
I used "readyRead" signal to get every frame(parsing the received data).

Thanks,