PDA

View Full Version : [QT] Blocked signal while moving window

vinzz38
4th June 2012, 17:32
Hello,

While all the time I'm moving, resizing my window or opening its menu, a signal emitted by a DLL (including in my project) is not received again. When I stop the action on my window, the signal is received. Does anybody have any idea?

Thanks.

amleto
4th June 2012, 18:01
could be anything. you give no specifics, how can we?

wysota
4th June 2012, 18:47
Hello,

While all the time I'm moving, resizing my window or opening its menu, a signal emitted by a DLL (including in my project) is not received again. When I stop the action on my window, the signal is received. Does anybody have any idea?

Thanks.

AFAIK this is a normal behaviour on Windows. The platform supresses events sent to a window while it is being dragged. This could have something to do with compositing, I don't know...

vinzz38
5th June 2012, 13:34
In fact , i use the QSerialDevice livrary to communicate with a microcontroller. While all the time I'm moving, resizing my window or opening its menu, i reach to send message but the reception is blockend until i end my action on the window. I try to put the sending and the receiving in a different thread, but it's the same.

Due to the hardware connection, it's difficicult to post some code.

wysota
5th June 2012, 14:29
My only suggestion is to change the operating system :) Linux does not experience such behaviour. Other than that, you can delegate the communication to a process that does not have any windows and communicate with that process from within your UI.

kuzulis
7th June 2012, 18:37
In fact , i use the QSerialDevice livrary to communicate with a microcontroller.
QSerialDevice had some shortcomings with the I / O, causing heavy load on the CPU and some of the friezes.
Now QSerialDevice is deprecated, instead use the QtSerialPort (http://qt-project.org/wiki/QtSerialPort)
maybe it will help