PDA

View Full Version : When I execute the project from Qt Creator the program unexpectedly finished

qt_developer
7th June 2012, 14:49
Hi all,

I have developed a project that use a dynamic library. I need put the dll in the executable folder to execute the project. I have detected an issue, when I execute the project from Qt Creator, the program unexpectedly finished. I have copied the libraries in the debug and release folder but the problem persists.
If I execute the exe program manually from release or debug folders, the program runs properly.

What's wrong?

Regards.

amleto
7th June 2012, 16:19
Probably missing dependency.

get depends/dependency walker and have a look

qt_developer
7th June 2012, 17:48
I know the dependencies, are two dll. The problem is that if I execute the application from Qt Creator the program does not run and I get the error message: "the program unexpectedly finished". I have copied the two dll into the executable path.

qt_developer
7th June 2012, 19:56
Why in one case (execution manually) the execution works properly and in another case (from Qt Creator) the execution fails?

What is the root folder that Qt Creator uses to execute a program?

amleto
8th June 2012, 01:08
since it crashes when run from creater, I strongly suggest you run it in debug and use the tools you have available to you...

FRiMEN
24th June 2012, 15:03
have 100% the same troubles :mad:

FRiMEN
24th June 2012, 18:32
For me problem solved.
1. check if you have in PATH only Qt MinGw. If you find others remove it.
2. Build lib using Qt MinGw, for me it was opencv - http://www.laganiere.name/opencvCookbook/chap1s1_2.shtml