PDA

View Full Version : I need a 16 segment LCD display control????

phoenixcomm
1st July 2012, 21:57
I am working on my flight simulator, and converting a perl/tk panel to QT and C. I had most of the panel built in a few hours. but I need to display a Alpha char using a 16 segment display, not a standard seven segment display. but dont know how to do it.. I could really use some help..:confused:

Also how can I change my spin button display from standard ( 0, 1, 2, 3... ) to blank, 0, 1, ... 9, P, H.:confused:

any help will be helpful.

Thank you :)
Cris H.

wysota
1st July 2012, 22:18
I am working on my flight simulator, and converting a perl/tk panel to QT and C. I had most of the panel built in a few hours. but I need to display a Alpha char using a 16 segment display, not a standard seven segment display. but dont know how to do it.. I could really use some help..:confused:
Subclass QWidget and implement a custom widget. You'll need to provide your own paintEvent() implementation that paints what you want.

ChrisW67
2nd July 2012, 00:26
Also how can I change my spin button display from standard ( 0, 1, 2, 3... ) to blank, 0, 1, ... 9, P, H.
If the values can be sanely mapped to the integer range -1..11 then subclass QSpinBox and provide alternate implementations of QSpinBox::textFromValue() and QSpinBox::valueFromText(). You could also go a step further back and inherit from QAbstractSpinBox to provide a spin box that returns a QChar for example.