PDA

View Full Version : the program has unexpectedly finished

narlapavan
5th July 2012, 16:38
i inherited QTextEdit class and then removed later for that time on wards , I am unable to run my application ERROR IS THE PROGRAM IS FINISHED UNEXPECTEDLY

plz. help me............................

high_flyer
5th July 2012, 17:12
help me
how do you suggest we do that?

amleto
5th July 2012, 18:06
i inherited QTextEdit class and then removed later for that time on wards , I am unable to run my application ERROR IS THE PROGRAM IS FINISHED UNEXPECTEDLY

plz. help me............................

Sure thing. Just let me find my crystal ball....

d_stranz
5th July 2012, 18:08
how do you suggest we do that?

Gosh, you're a "wiseguy", doesn't that mean you know how to do everything? And wysota is a "master of zen", and while I strive to achieve this exalted status, I'm still only a lowly "advanced user". Between the three of us though, we should be able to see deeply into this post and visualize the code that isn't there. I'm sure if we stare long enough, the solution will be revealed to us and we can write the results of our wisdom here.

Sure thing. Just let me find my crystal ball....

Hey, no fair using magic! I'm sure wysota didn't become a master of zen by using cheap parlour tricks like crystal balls and Ouija boards.

wysota
5th July 2012, 23:00
Hey, no fair using magic! I'm sure wysota didn't become a master of zen by using cheap parlour tricks like crystal balls and Ouija boards.

I'm sure I didn't edit my user title like one wiseguy over here :) It took a lot of spamming and totally useless posts though...

ChrisW67
6th July 2012, 05:55

Please don't yell, I am delicate ;)

On the off-chance that the OP visits this thread again...
If the program starts at all the program is probably accessing a pointer that is null, not initialised, or already deleted.
If the program does not start at all then the program is probably missing a run-time dependency.
If you construct a better question (http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#beprecise) then you might get a better answer.

high_flyer
6th July 2012, 09:38
I'm sure I didn't edit my user title like one wiseguy over here
Well, I am sorry wysota, but these "ranks" our site gives are pretty lame... so I just had to!

And "wiseguy" is has nothing to do with being wise!
Its a term from the Mafia world, which means something like "Mobster".
There is at least one book with the title Wiseguy dealing with the subject:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiseguy_%28book%29
http://books.google.ca/books?id=eC6EnjnNG9UC&printsec=frontcover

:cool:

d_stranz
6th July 2012, 17:29
And "wiseguy" is has nothing to do with being wise!

Oh, that's good to know. Does that mean we can't trust your answers?

Or does it mean that if we disrespect you, you'll send Vinnie and and his baseball bat over to teach us about it? :eek:

amleto
6th July 2012, 19:01
just dont be surprised when you wake up next to a horse head

high_flyer
9th July 2012, 09:04
just dont be surprised when you wake up next to a horse head
exactly! :cool: