PDA

View Full Version : No "Generator" in the Cmake wizard

dcole
11th July 2012, 20:50
Hello,,

I am on OSX and I was trying to create a new C project that I wanted to use the Qt Creator IDE, and Cmake to build it. When I make a new project, I go through the CMake Wizard, and I get to the part that says "Run CMake" and there are no Generators listed in that dropdown. What am I missing to get that there? Previously when I have done this, I was quite sure I had multiple items in that dropdown.

dcole
12th July 2012, 14:00
So I got this solved by installing the command line tools package in xcode. I am not sure how much I like having to do this, as it seems now I am forced to be using the LLVM version of the gcc compiler. I haven't figured out how to do anything different other than re-making the simlinks in /usr/bin to point to gcc.

loka
18th July 2012, 23:49
Hi All,
I have the same problem, No generator in the CMake wizard. When I click on "Run CMake" the message "no generator seleted" appears.
I tried with -g"MSYS Makefiles" as command line option but this does not work. I'm having this problem with Windows Vista + MinGW + MSYS.
The same thing works fine on my Linux machine. Any suggestions?

loka

Henniez-SwissWater
13th September 2012, 08:37
Hi there,

I had the same problem. In my case i just installed qtcreator and not the entire SDK. As a result not default toolchain was configured. I had to specify my toolchain under Tools->Build & Run->Tool Chains. There I added my MinGW installation and hit ok. after that I could choose the MinGW Generator for my cmake project.

I hope this helps you too.

cheers

sisteminux
18th September 2012, 01:26
Hello, I'm running the same issue here too.
On windows7, I've installed qtcreator 2.5.2 only after having installed mingw (and set the PATH as suggested in the website).
Everytime I try to import my cmake project however, the Run Cmake Wizard showed an empty generator combobox.
Hence, I've tried set up the toolchain in order to point into the C:\MinGW\bin\ folder but I had no success again: the Run Cmake Wizard continues showing an empty generator.
What the hell I'm doing wrong? I really dont have any idea where I could've made a mistake :(

juzzlin
11th February 2013, 20:12
Hello, I'm running the same issue here too.
On windows7, I've installed qtcreator 2.5.2 only after having installed mingw (and set the PATH as suggested in the website).
Everytime I try to import my cmake project however, the Run Cmake Wizard showed an empty generator combobox.
Hence, I've tried set up the toolchain in order to point into the C:\MinGW\bin\ folder but I had no success again: the Run Cmake Wizard continues showing an empty generator.
What the hell I'm doing wrong? I really dont have any idea where I could've made a mistake :(

I just had this same problem with Windows 7 and QtCreator 2.6.2. and banged my head against a wall for a while.

The solution was to configure also Kits in Qt Creator (Tools => Options => Kits). This isn't obvious when CMake is used, but the user seem to get errors about this when trying to build some standard C++ project templates in Qt Creator.

I also configured the PATH environment variable so that qmake and MinGW binaries can be globally found.

This seems to be a lot easier on Ubuntu. When installing development stuff from the package repositories, everything just works immediately.