PDA

View Full Version : QFrame

Johnnyj2j
20th July 2012, 16:38
http://i48.tinypic.com/155ovt2.png
so i have been makeing an alarm clock as you can see (Finishing the GUI Before Codeing...) and iv hit a few snags

1)the window you see in the picture is not the main window.... and for some reason i cant check the boxes...
2)iv tried to put in some frames in the gui but there not showing up is there some code to make the black or something i have tried to look at the help file but couldnt figure it out ;(

Thanks in advance

amleto
20th July 2012, 23:09
little hint... if you see red boxes in designer, you're probably doing it wrong ;)

QFrame is pretty obvious, it even has some example for frameStyle...

Johnnyj2j
21st July 2012, 00:14
redboxes == layouts and there working fine

wysota
21st July 2012, 01:01
Are you sure they are working fine? It seems you don't have a layout set on the top-level window and you have a large number of completely unnecessary layouts that (if they worked) should slow down layouting of your dialog considerably.

What happens if you resize the window up? Do all the widgets inside start moving around according to what you defined with the layouts or does some extra space appear on the right and bottom of the window?

Johnnyj2j
21st July 2012, 04:50
Are you sure they are working fine? It seems you don't have a layout set on the top-level window and you have a large number of completely unnecessary layouts that (if they worked) should slow down layouting of your dialog considerably.

What happens if you resize the window up? Do all the widgets inside start moving around according to what you defined with the layouts or does some extra space appear on the right and bottom of the window?

extra space apears also can u answer the question about not being able to interact with the window?/
thanks in advance

ChrisW67
21st July 2012, 05:24
extra space apears
So the top-level widget does not have a layout, which is everyone else's point.

can u answer the question about not being able to interact with the window?

You will have to explain what you mean by "i cant check the boxes" and "not being able to interact" because there's nothing we can tell from a static screen shot.

wysota
21st July 2012, 11:05
I suspect there might be some extra widget covering your check boxes or something like that which prevents mouse events from reaching their proper target. I suggest you first fix layouting and maybe your problem will go away.

amleto
21st July 2012, 12:03
Here is something similar to your widget. All the items are in layouts, yet there are no red boxes.