PDA

View Full Version : How to open new form in the same mainwindow on a pushbutton click?

shrinath_shenoy
22nd July 2012, 05:59
Hello Everybody, I'm very new to qt I just installed qt in my ubuntu 12.04 and trying to make a project with only one window (mainwindow as) and many steps like clicking next to see another form and go to previous form. I got some code somewhere in web. But when I run that, on clicking a pushbutton say NextStep current window closes and a new window opens with the required form rahter than showing that form in current active window.. please try to give an example to understand easily.. thank you in advance..

ChrisW67
22nd July 2012, 07:20
Read the docs under QStackedWidget and QWizard

shrinath_shenoy
22nd July 2012, 12:31
Thank you for your kind reply.. But in this case I'm using my own procedures to implement this project ( an Backup OS based on linux as my college project ) So I'm searching how to do it by dealing with mainwindows and normal widget form. I'll implement your suggestion too. But I want to gain knowledge on this because The examiner for whom I'm submitting this diploma project can ask the questions on this. So I need to explain the reason why I chosed this and show two kind of implementation to attract his attention

shrinath_shenoy
28th July 2012, 08:23
Thank god... did it with " setCentralWidget( 'Replacing widget variable' ) " function.. If anyone got help with this reply here.. :-)