PDA

View Full Version : how to change directshow backend to phonon-vlc backend in Windows

Seishin
27th July 2012, 18:38
Hi,

I'm trying to use phonon-vlc backend instead of directshow backend for phonon to play video on Windows 7 (with VS 2008).
I did some search without finding a detailed way to do this.
I know the directshow dlls are in the directory %QTDIR%\plugins\phonon_backend, and I also found the phonon-vlc source from https://projects.kde.org/projects/kdesupport/phonon/phonon-vlc/repository
, but I don't know how to use it.

Could you please give me some guide on this? Especially how to replace the dll files and how to tell the system to switch the backend?
Thanks in advance.

Seishin
31st July 2012, 18:54
Could anyone help me with this issue? Thanks a lot.

amleto
31st July 2012, 22:55
phonon-module

Qt Backends

Qt Backends are currently developed for Phonon version 4.1. The Phonon project has moved on and introduced new features that the Qt Backends do not implement. We have chosen not to document the part of Phonon that we do not support. Any class or function not appearing in our documentation can be considered unsupported.
Make of that what you will.

Seishin
1st August 2012, 20:05
Thanks for your replying. Do you mean Qt does not support phonon-vlc backend now?

amleto
1st August 2012, 21:17
I think that is effectively what it says.

Seishin
1st August 2012, 21:44
I see. But isn't the VLC media player written in Qt with phonon and VLC backend? Or actually they didn't use the Qt phonon?

amleto
1st August 2012, 21:53
Qt backends were supported... but not in recent versions of qt.

Seishin
1st August 2012, 22:04
This looks like reducing the power of Qt...I'll try to find another way to support mp4 (Maybe shipping the directshow codec with program?). Thanks a lot.

Noemie
14th June 2013, 10:16
Hello,

I am trying to play rawvideo(not compressed) in HD 1920x1080 with Phonon VideoPlayer. It works if the videos size are small (1Go) but if not the player crash.
I check the buffering process and only around 2Mega of datas are send to the buffer.
With my videos size, I need to send more datas in the buffer(buffer size 8 Go). The problem is that I don't know how control the process.
Do you think it can be link with the backend I use?
I install DirectX and Directshow but I can't configue it. Do you know if it's possible?
I don't even knows what's the backend I use in phonon. Where can I find the information?

Tanks in avance