PDA

View Full Version : error: Warning: The name 'layoutWidget' (QWidget) is already in use, defaulting to '

saman_artorious
29th July 2012, 07:41
why do I get this error:warning when I "rebuild" a ui project?

error: Warning: The name 'layoutWidget' (QWidget) is already in use, defaulting to 'layoutWidget1'.

d_stranz
29th July 2012, 16:14
It means that inside the .ui XML file, the element named "layoutWidget" has already been used somewhere, and the moc compiler is complaining about that, and telling you that it is changing the name to make it unique.

Open the .ui file using a text editor (*not Qt Designer*) and do a search for "layoutWidget". You should find it twice. Change the name of one to something unique, and the warning will go away.

I don't know why this happens - it is probably a bug in Qt Designer somewhere that results in a name being reused. It is harmless, but if it bothers you, find it in a text editor (or using the Qt Designer hierarchy browser) and fix it.

wgr
28th September 2012, 07:53
(Qt) guys, any plans to really fix this annoying bug ???

of course it's possible to edit the .ui file manually, but this gets overwritten on next edit with designer :(((

and there are situations like the following, where changing the name(s) manually ain't that obvious:

</widget>
<zorder>layoutWidget</zorder>
<zorder>groupBox_3</zorder>
</widget>

so which layoutWidget is which ??? This is really a bug !!!

this issue still there at Qt4.8.1, please fix it, can't be too hard ...

mstoth
2nd April 2015, 18:02
I know it's 3 years later but I'm seeing the same problem now with Qt Creator 3.3.2 (opensource) based on Qt 4.3.1 (BDD 4.6.1, 64 bit)

I can't find the widgets in question in the designer either. When I look at the XML I see them but I can't point to them on the form.
Any help?
They seem to be benign warnings but I'd rather not look at them and Qt Creator doesn't let you modify the XML directly.