PDA

View Full Version : problems i faced with QT-3

jineesh
31st December 2006, 08:42
hello
I was trying to do my project with QT , but i m facing some problems plz help me....

1. If we add more 'line edit' boxes it is showing segmentation fault. i solved this by deleting the contens '.ui' folder in project directory. is there any better idea?
2. Child dialogs of main window disappear when we press 'Esc' !!!!....:confused: How to solve this problem?
3. Code alignment is not proper. :( Tab is not working properly. Any idea about this?

4. My project needs to access the 'MS(micro soft) access ' data base . Is it possible using QT? :confused:
Thanks in advance... :D
jineesh

grosem
1st January 2007, 14:35
I was trying to do my project with QT , but i m facing some problems plz help me....

Why not Qt 4? But ok, you have probably your reasons.

1. If we add more 'line edit' boxes it is showing segmentation fault. i solved this by deleting the contens '.ui' folder in project directory. is there any better idea?

So you're using the designer? Does it also appear with very simple projects?

2. Child dialogs of main window disappear when we press 'Esc' !!!!....:confused: How to solve this problem?

Well, that's normal if dialogs are closed by 'Esc'. You can avoid this by handling the KeyEvent. But maybe there's a better solution.

3. Code alignment is not proper. :( Tab is not working properly. Any idea about this?

Which editor?

zlatko
3rd January 2007, 15:55
My project needs to access the 'MS(micro soft) access ' data base . Is it possible using QT? :confused:

Yes, you can use QODBC3 driver for connect to your database.

jineesh
4th January 2007, 11:00
Thank you for replay.
1. How i can download and install QT4 . Is it freely available? Plz tell me link.
2. Segmentation fault is comming only if (for my project) i add more line edit boxes.
3. In QT what are the different Editors available. ( i m new to QT)

jineesh

BrainB0ne
4th January 2007, 14:44
1. How i can download and install QT4 . Is it freely available? Plz tell me link.

1. The open source version is available at: ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/qt/source/qt-win-opensource-4.2.2-mingw.exe

3. In QT what are the different Editors available. ( i m new to QT)

3. You can use any text editor (you don't have to type your code into that crappy Qt designer editor) but i prefer MS Visual Studio, here at my work we use visual studio 6 as IDE, and i use the Whole Tomato Visual Assist X addon in combination with it.