PDA

View Full Version : Networking Newbie Needs Veteran qnam/reply HTTP/POST advice

iansblues
7th August 2012, 20:36
Hi ( and I apologize in advance that my network programming knowledge is still weak.)

My project involves needing to keep an HTTP/POST call running each business day against a particular vendor's special HTTP service. By design, the "streaming" (real-time) updates from this server, that begin life as traditional qnam->post() calls, will seldom receive a "finished" signal. My pie-in-the-sky desire would be to receive a "readyRead()" type of signal, periodically, throughout the day, alerting my code that real-time updates have arrived.

Do I have any high-level, long-term, Qt-based options to emulate HTTP/POST, while still accessing the "reply" data real-time, as it arrives? (I am trying to avoid the "obsolete" QHttp class) Thank you for considering my "opportunity!"

Added after 47 minutes:

After four days of staring at this code, I just realized that the post() method returns a pointer to a QNetworkReply object!! I don't know how I originally overlook that opportunity!!! I will code on this tomorrow and add a progress post here, on this site. Thanks for your time.