PDA

View Full Version : integrating Qt files in open cascade?

Shuchi Agrawal
4th January 2007, 08:33
can any1 plz help me in integrating a GUI in Qt with open cascade 5.2?
that is integrate qt with cascade viewer and functionaity...

e8johan
4th January 2007, 09:18
Could you provide some more information. Do you have a link to open cascade? What have you done this far? What issues is it that you are having problems with? Exactly what is it that you are trying to achive?

Shuchi Agrawal
8th January 2007, 13:29
actually i want to make a GUI in Qt 4 n then use the graphics feature of open cascade in it.
what more info u want?

1. wht are the differences between open source and commercial edition? like is there any lack of functionalities in open source edition of Qt4?

2. do Qt provide an cross platform data types?

3. what are the platform n compiler specific code we need to change in single source base code so as to make it cross platform(if i m using windows nad VC++ 6.0)?

4. why Qt is more compatible with VS.net rather than VS C++ 6.0?

jpn
8th January 2007, 13:57
1. wht are the differences between open source and commercial edition? like is there any lack of functionalities in open source edition of Qt4?

The ActiveQt framework (http://doc.trolltech.com/4.2/activeqt.html) is not part of the open source edition. The commercial edition of Qt4/Win also provides a seamless integration to the Visual Studio.

2. do Qt provide an cross platform data types?

Qt is a cross-platform toolkit. Everything in Qt is cross-platform unless stated otherwise in the docs.

3. what are the platform n compiler specific code we need to change in single source base code so as to make it cross platform(if i m using windows nad VC++ 6.0)?

Usually you are not required to do any changes in order to compile the code in various supported platforms. What is "nad"? By the way, the open source edition does not support Visual Studio.

4. why Qt is more compatible with VS.net rather than VS C++ 6.0?
Maybe because Visual Studio 6.0 is already like 10 years old tool and most likely does not offer ways for as seamless integration as with the studios from this decade?

wysota
8th January 2007, 14:21
What is "nad"?
Anagram of "and"? :)

By the way, the open source edition does not support Visual Studio.
Officially ;)

Maybe because Visual Studio 6.0 is already like 10 years old tool and most likely does not offer ways for as seamless integration as with the studios from this decade?

Visual Studio 6.0 is broken - it supports a beta of the C++ standard, thus is incompatible with C++ itself and I think that's the most important thing that caused Trolltech to abandon the platform - there were too many workarounds to implement to make the whole thing work (same goes for Borland compiler).

Shuchi Agrawal
9th January 2007, 06:27
sorry!! it was "and" not "nad". it was just a printing mistake..
thanks..