PDA

View Full Version : Rendering depth map

gkntonfo
21st August 2012, 00:30
Hi everybody,
I have a huge problem to resolve asap. It's two weeks that I'm trying to load a 3D model and display the relative depth map using Qt3D/QtQuick3D in C++ . I need the depth map to use it later on my code. Until now, from the few tutorials that I've found I can load and display the 3D model from a 3ds or obj file. But I'm not able to render their relative depth map. Is there anybody with a code example? or a code example from any other library?
Thank you a lot for your help.

spirit
21st August 2012, 09:03
Did you try to render in using OGL? :) Qt doesn't provide some special rendering methods, it just provides convenient wrappers on top of standard OGL/ES.

gkntonfo
21st August 2012, 16:07
Did you try to render in using OGL? :) Qt doesn't provide some special rendering methods, it just provides convenient wrappers on top of standard OGL/ES.

Thank you for your reply.
I had looking for some code in OpenGL but it seems so complicated to me(I'm a newbie) and unfortunately I have no time to learn OpenGL. I hoped that Qt provided some rendering methods through Qt3D. Could you please show me how to render depth map using OPENGL? do you have some example code? thank you again.