PDA

View Full Version : Issue with QWebView not displaying anything

almo
22nd August 2012, 20:06
So, I have this QWebView in a Maya plugin. It works fine in Maya 2014 and 2013. (I work at ADSK, so that's how I have access to 2014 already). I've been asked to get it working in Maya 2012.

When my QWebView is created, it displays nothing. But the webbrowser is working partially, because the webserver reports the hits. Also, the page viewed has a bunch of javascript on it, which is definitely running because it generates more hits on the webserver. So it looks like everything is working, except it doesn't display anything.

I even tried

s_webView->setHtml("<!DOCTYPE><html><head></head><body><div style=\"color:rgb(200, 200, 200)\">Some Text</div></body></html>");

and it displays nothing. This line does display some text in the other versions of Maya.

The browser in both 2012 and 2013 report themselves as version 533.3 of the WebKit browser. The Qt dlls appear to be of the same version as well, 4.7.1.

So my question is, what could I be doing wrong that would lead a QWebView to display nothing, but still execute its javascript properly?