PDA

View Full Version : collect2: cannot find 'id'

Atomic_Sheep
26th August 2012, 09:10
Hi guys, I've had this problem creep up once in a while mysteriously and just as mysteriously, it seems to go away (usually as a result of me starting a brand new project and copy pasting the code into the new project). Since my code is getting more complex with time, this proceedure is becoming less and less viable so I was hoping to sort this problem once and for all.

so the error under 'Build Issues' is collect2: cannot find 'id'

compile output has:

collect2: cannot find 'ld'
mingw32-make[1]: *** [debug\Windows.exe] Error 1
mingw32-make: *** [debug] Error 2
The process "D:\QtSDK\mingw\bin\mingw32-make.exe" exited with code 2.
Error while building project Windows (target: Desktop)
When executing build step 'Make'

Interestingly enough, as far as I could tell, one of my programs was compiling totally fine until I opened a different project and tried to compile it and all of a sudden... disaster.... can't compile that project or the one that was working perfectly fine 5 minutes ago. To me it all seems like magic and voodoo is at work, but I hope good old fashioned science/logic can explain what the real problem is.

The project files all seem to fine... have all the headers, sources, forms, target, template, and qt with appropriate things in each one.

tbscope
26th August 2012, 13:45
It's not id but ld. It is the GNU linker.

It seems you have a problem with your (standard) paths.
Try to follow the installation documentation of your tools.

Niels Holst
29th August 2012, 12:23
Did you try to re-install Qt Creator? That should set up all tool paths correctly. If I remember correctly there is a check box at some point, whether you want to keep the old configuration of Qt Creator, which you don't.