PDA

View Full Version : basic problem of config qmake

Shuchi Agrawal
9th January 2007, 06:38
i have installed evaluation version of qt 4.2.2(i think its the commercial version) and i have installed nmake 1.5 for windows..
now i made a folder n kept the basic "hello world" program's cpp file in the folder.
now on command prompt when getting into the folder, i m given yhe follwing commands then i m getting the following error w/c i m unable to fix.. can any1 plz help me..
i think the problem is in the "makefile" or "qmakespec"

C:\try1>qmake -project

C:\try1>qmake

C:\try1>nmake

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 1.50
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corp 1988-94. All rights reserved.

NMAKE -f Makefile.Release

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 1.50
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corp 1988-94. All rights reserved.

Makefile.Release(58) : fatal error U1088: invalid separator '::' on inference ru
le
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

when i m making all the "::" to ":" in the makefile.debug and using the .pro file as given below then i m able to execute..
but if the same changes are done in makefile.release and .pro file is made by qmake -project cmd then again the same error..

earlier i was able to execute.. but when i installed on a new system ,fm then i m not able..
can any1 help to configure me the qmake makefile option...

my .pro file is

TEMPLATE = app
SOURCES += t1.cpp
CONFIG += qt debug windows

wysota
9th January 2007, 11:35
What compiler do you use? The nmake utility seems to be veery old.

Shuchi Agrawal
9th January 2007, 12:24
What compiler do you use? The nmake utility seems to be veery old.

i m using visual studio 6.0 c++
i m using this coz i got all the examples in demo for this only
can u suggest some alternative?

wysota
9th January 2007, 12:47
Visual Studio 6 is not supported by Qt4.

Try using MinGW (http://www.mingw.org/) or newer version of Visual Studio instead.

Shuchi Agrawal
9th January 2007, 13:27
[QUOTE=wysota;26572]Visual Studio 6 is not supported by Qt4.

but i have used the same n followed the same procedure earlier n it was executing properly... can u tel tht if its not supported then wht can b the possibilty tht it got executed on earlier system ?????????

wysota
9th January 2007, 13:41
Visual Studio 6 is not supported by Qt4.

but i have used the same n followed the same procedure earlier n it was executing properly... can u tel tht if its not supported then wht can b the possibilty tht it got executed on earlier system ?????????

Hmm... I just looked here: http://www.trolltech.com/developer/notes/compilers/vcpp

Seems that 6.0 is still "supported" (although it has problems), thought it has an additional requirement:

Visual C++ 6.0 requires Service Pack 5 to work correctly with Qt. If you are using Visual C++ version 6.0 we highly recommend that you update to SP5.

Maybe you have an older version of the compiler? The error message suggests the problem lies within the tool chain, not Qt.

Shuchi Agrawal
9th January 2007, 14:18
Hmm... I just looked here: http://www.trolltech.com/developer/notes/compilers/vcpp

Seems that 6.0 is still "supported" (although it has problems), thought it has an additional requirement:

Maybe you have an older version of the compiler? The error message suggests the problem lies within the tool chain, not Qt.

ok i wil check the SP and wil tel u but thanks a lot till now :)

i installed SP5 also, its still not working :( the same problem..
plz help out

wysota
9th January 2007, 15:16
Do you use nmake which came with your compiler?

Shuchi Agrawal
10th January 2007, 05:22
i downloaded the nmake1.5 fm its site n then used that?
even when i m trying to use nmake w/c came with compiler, it is still not working.

Shuchi Agrawal
10th January 2007, 07:11
hey wysota,
its solved
i reinstalled VC n Qt and now all working properly :)
thaks :)

Shuchi Agrawal
10th January 2007, 10:31
hey i reinstalled Qt n now its working :)
thanks for the support :)