PDA

View Full Version : Qt creator update for harmattan developement

salmanmanekia
18th September 2012, 00:26
I am trying to update the Qt sdk for harmattan developement. This is the instruction i am following

http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/docs/library/html/guide/html/Developer_Library_Getting_started_with_Harmattan_u sing_Qt_SDK_Installing_Qt_SDK_on_Linux.html

After succesfully installing Qt and moving to the first point of updating Qt sdk for harmattan development

To update the Qt SDK with the MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan API target, click Help on the Qt Creator top toolbar and select Start Updater. On the Package manager tab, you can find the MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan API target from under Qt SDK > Development Tools > Harmattan > MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan. You can also select other targets, such as the Harmattan emulator (QEMU).

When i go to start updater -> package manager and hit next. The computer hangs(non responsive ) and after a while shows my login screen (as if it has restarted without showing any signs of restart which it normally does while restarting), once i login all my previous processes are gone including qt creator. I have no idea whats wrong here. My box is on ubuntu lts 12.04 and qt sdk is 1.2.1.

wysota
18th September 2012, 01:36
Most likely your system is misconfigured. For example make sure you are not running out of memory -- the symptoms you mention look like a classic OOM behaviour when something eats up all the memory and kernel kills X (and all apps that need X go down with it).