PDA

View Full Version : Creating an installer that includes Qt Help

cesroc
28th September 2012, 09:04
Hello,

I finished my Qt application and I provide a documentation using QtHelp. Everything is working fine, without problems.
After everything done I created a installer for my software, it's done and working fine.
But today I just realized that my help option works only in computers where the qt is installed. I took my installer and I installed in 3 different computers, two computers with qt installed and one computer without any Qt or Qwt library. The installation worked fine and my software works perfectly in all three computers, but the QtHelp, when I try to open the help documentation, it's possible to open only in the two computers with Qt, the other one (without qt) doesn't open anything.

Do I need to add something from Qt in my installer that gives the support to QtHelp in any computer? Do I need to copy any dll or library or something from QtHelp to install together with my software?

Thanks in advance
Best Regards

alizadeh91
29th September 2012, 14:47
you have to copy Qt-help dll's into your project folder

ChrisW67
1st October 2012, 02:36
If memory serves you will need SQL drivers for Sqlite, image plugins for any embedded images, and the assistant executable with all of Qt WebKit (if you are using that method) along with your compiled help files.

Spitfire
2nd October 2012, 08:59
According to Dependency Walker together with QtHelp4.dll you should include:
- QtGui4.dll
- QtCore4.dll
- QtCLucene4.dll
- QtNetwork4.dll
- QtSql4.dll
- QtXml4.dll
plus usual ming and gcc libraries.