PDA

View Full Version : configure.exe -no-webkit problem

yaseminyilmaz
1st October 2012, 07:49
Hi all,

I’ve tried to compile Qt 4.8.3 statically with MinGW. I’ve run configure.exe with the following options. But the process of the compilation has failed because of webkit although I’ve added the option of -no-webkit. How can I solve this problem?

configure.exe -static -release -opensource -confirm-license -platform win32-g++ -no-exceptions -no-qt3support -qt-sql-sqlite -qt-zlib -qt-libpng -qt-libjpeg -no-webkit -nomake tests -nomake demos -nomake examples

…
mingw32-make4: Leaving directory `C:/QtSTATIC/4.8.3/src/3rdparty/webkit/Source/WebKit/qt/tests/qwebframe’
mingw32-make3: Leaving directory `C:/QtSTATIC/4.8.3/src/3rdparty/webkit/Source/WebKit/qt/tests/qwebframe’
mingw32-make2: Leaving directory `C:/QtSTATIC/4.8.3/src/3rdparty/webkit/Source/WebKit/qt/tests’
mingw32-make1: Leaving directory `C:/QtSTATIC/4.8.3/src/3rdparty/webkit/Source’
…
mingw32-make4: *** [release\tst_qwebframe.exe] Error 1
mingw32-make3: *** [release] Error 2
mingw32-make2: *** [sub-qwebframe-make_default] Error 2
mingw32-make1: *** [sub-Webkit-qt-tests-make_default-ordered] Error 2
mingw32-make: *** [sub-webkit-make_default-ordered] Error 2

Thanks advance for your helps and explanations,

ChrisW67
1st October 2012, 08:22
It would help if you posted the error message from the C++ compiler. All you have given us is that something failed causing make to stop although it seems that the build is still trying to make test from WebKit. Did you start from a clean copy of the source or one you had run "make confclean" on?

tjnic
22nd January 2013, 18:44
It would help if you posted the error message from the C++ compiler. All you have given us is that something failed causing make to stop although it seems that the build is still trying to make test from WebKit. Did you start from a clean copy of the source or one you had run "make confclean" on?

Hi,

I am not the original poster, but I have a similar problem. I have tried to compile QT 4.8.4 statically using minGW on Windows using the following configure command.

configure.exe -fast -nomake examples -nomake demos -no-phonon -no-phonon-backend -no-qt3support -no-opengl -opensource -no-webkit -confirm-license

This was a virgin install, in other words straight from the zip file, no previous configure or make run. I have also re-tried having run mingw32-make confclean but that does the same thing.

The process failed with the following message:

g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -Wextra -frtti -fexceptions -mthreads -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WEBKIT_LIB -DQT_SQL_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_HAVE_MMX -DQT_HAVE_3DNOW -DQT_HAVE_SSE -DQT_HAVE_MMXEXT -DQT_HAVE_SSE2 -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_NEEDS_QMAIN -I"..\..\..\..\include\QtCore" -I"..\..\..\..\include\QtNetwork" -I"..\..\..\..\include\QtGui" -I"..\..\..\..\include\QtSql" -I"..\..\..\..\include\QtWebKit" -I"..\..\..\..\include" -I"..\..\..\..\include\QtHelp" -I"..\..\..\shared\fontpanel" -I"." -I"..\..\..\..\include\ActiveQt" -I"tmp\moc\release_shared" -I"." -I"j:\Qt\4.8.4\mkspecs\win32-g++" -o tmp\obj\release_shared\helpviewer_qwv.o helpviewer_qwv.cpp
helpviewer_qwv.cpp:160: error: expected class-name before '{' token
helpviewer_qwv.cpp:165: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'QWebPage' with no type
helpviewer_qwv.cpp:165: error: 'QWebPage' declared as a 'virtual' field
helpviewer_qwv.cpp:165: error: expected ';' before '*' token
helpviewer_qwv.cpp:166: error: 'WebAction' has not been declared
helpviewer_qwv.cpp:168: error: 'QWebFrame' has not been declared
helpviewer_qwv.cpp:169: error: 'NavigationType' has not been declared
helpviewer_qwv.cpp: In constructor 'HelpPage::HelpPage(QObject*)':
helpviewer_qwv.cpp:181: error: class 'HelpPage' does not have any field named 'QWebPage'
helpviewer_qwv.cpp: At global scope:
helpviewer_qwv.cpp:189: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '*' token
helpviewer_qwv.cpp:199: error: variable or field 'triggerAction' declared void
helpviewer_qwv.cpp:199: error: 'WebAction' was not declared in this scope
helpviewer_qwv.cpp:199: error: expected primary-expression before 'bool'
mingw32-make[10]: *** [tmp/obj/release_shared/helpviewer_qwv.o] Error 1
mingw32-make[10]: Leaving directory `J:/Qt/4.8.4-static/tools/assistant/tools/assistant'
mingw32-make[9]: *** [release] Error 2
mingw32-make[9]: Leaving directory `J:/Qt/4.8.4-static/tools/assistant/tools/assistant'
mingw32-make[8]: *** [all] Error 2
mingw32-make[8]: Leaving directory `J:/Qt/4.8.4-static/tools/assistant/tools/assistant'
mingw32-make[7]: *** [sub-assistant-make_default-ordered] Error 2
mingw32-make[7]: Leaving directory `J:/Qt/4.8.4-static/tools/assistant/tools'
mingw32-make[6]: *** [all] Error 2
mingw32-make[6]: Leaving directory `J:/Qt/4.8.4-static/tools/assistant/tools'
mingw32-make[5]: *** [sub-tools-make_default-ordered] Error 2
mingw32-make[5]: Leaving directory `J:/Qt/4.8.4-static/tools/assistant'
mingw32-make[4]: *** [all] Error 2
mingw32-make[4]: Leaving directory `J:/Qt/4.8.4-static/tools/assistant'
mingw32-make[3]: *** [sub-assistant-make_default-ordered] Error 2
mingw32-make[3]: Leaving directory `J:/Qt/4.8.4-static/tools'
mingw32-make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
mingw32-make[2]: Leaving directory `J:/Qt/4.8.4-static/tools'
mingw32-make[1]: *** [sub-tools-make_default-ordered] Error 2
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `J:/Qt/4.8.4-static'
mingw32-make: *** [all] Error 2

It would appear that it is trying to compile a file called helpviewer_qwv.ccp that requires web kit objects. I think it has something to do with assistant, which I don't need. But I cannot work out how to prevent it from being built. All I need is a very basic static version of QT.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Regards

Tim.

tjnic
22nd January 2013, 21:02
If anyone is interested, I have found a work around for this bug. Don't compile to tools directory!

configure.exe -fast -nomake examples -nomake demos -nomake tools -no-phonon -no-phonon-backend -no-qt3support -no-opengl -opensource -no-webkit -confirm-license

Not ideal, but I don't need any of the tools and the rest of it seems to build ok.