PDA

View Full Version : Qt Assistant path

aamer4yu
11th January 2007, 05:18
Is there any way to set path for Qt Assistant ??
I had installed Qt in D:/4.2.2 then reinstalled Qt in D:/Qt/4.2.2
now when I run Assistant, I cannot access documentation for any classes :(
it says D:/4.2.2/doc/html/... not found...
I guess reinstalling Qt has caused the problem, I hadnt uninstalled Qt, just deleted the directory.

Is there a way to uninstall Qt properly ?
or How can I set the path for Qt Assistant so that all information is available to me in the Assistant itself ? :confused:

munna
11th January 2007, 08:11
You will need to change the environment variable called QTDIR to now point to the directory where Qt is installed.

aamer4yu
15th January 2007, 07:30
:confused: I tried changing the path to the Qt directory but its still not helping :(

Let me explain the problem once agian -
When I open the assistant from Qt Demo, it works fine for the text browser area. But when I click on some item from the index list, I get the error as 'D:/4.2.2/....' not found. D:/4.2.2 was previous directory where I had installed Qt. Then I installed Qt again to D:/Qt/4.2.2 . I didnt uninstall the previous one, just deleted the directory(I dont know how to uninstall Qt :( )
In short Text browser works fine... but the clicks on index list doesn't work ...

I guess thers something in the registry for this problem.
ne suggestions ??

joshlareau
1st February 2007, 15:23
I've been having the same problem. I created an installer for my company, but if they chose to install Qt to a path that is different from the one on which it was built on my machine, some of the tools like QMake and QAssistant would not work. I came across this post and tried what Munna suggested and it worked beautifully. If you're using Windows, you will have to set QTDIR as an environment variable.