PDA

View Full Version : No Qwt Widgets in Qt Designer on Windows 7 64bit - Tried all Suggestions-Help Needed

swamyonline
5th October 2012, 07:41
Hi friends,

Issue 1:

I am asking this question after seeing previous posts.

I installed QtSdk-offline-win-x86-v1_2_1.exe on Windows 7 64bit machine and configured to mingw-release installation. Qt is working fine.
Now I downloaded Qwt-6.0.2 source, changed build configuration to CONFIG+=release. Did the following as part of compilation: qmake; mingw32-make; mingw32-make install. Added C:\Qwt-6.0.2\lib and C:\Qwt-6.0.2\include to PATH variable. Created and added QT_PLUGIN_PATH+=QwtPluginPath variable to system environment.
Even I copied the QwtPluginDLL to QtPluginsPath. After all this, I opened QtDesigner and I am not finding Qwt Widgets there.
I have seen the status in Help->About Plugins as 'incompatible plugin [release]'. Though, both Qt and Qwt or configured to be in release mode, why am I not able to see Qwt Wigdgets in Qt Designer. Please, point out if I am missing anything. The examples given are executing fine.

Issue 2:
Which version of Qwt should I use for My Application development. My application is targeted to run on Windows 7 64bit as well as RHEL-6 64bit machines. Please ponder your suggestion.

Thank you very much.

Uwe
5th October 2012, 08:46
Created and added QT_PLUGIN_PATH+=QwtPluginPath variable to system environment.
Of course you have to add the real path to the Qwt plugin here - not a string called "QwtPluginPath".

I have seen the status in Help->About Plugins as 'incompatible plugin [release]'.
The plugin and the Qwt lib itsself need to be compatible to the Qt version the designer/creator was build for. This doesn't necessarily have to be the same as the Qt version you want to work with.

Which version of Qwt should I use for My Application development.
It depends on what you need. Qwt 6.1 ( SVN trunk ) has a lot of new features - probably the most any Qwt version always had. It is pretty stable but of course the API might be changed a bit until it will be released ( probably short after Qt 5 is available ).

Uwe

swamyonline
5th October 2012, 14:22
Thanks a lot Uwe. Yes, by 'QwtPluginPath', I meant the actual path of the qwt plugin dll (qwt_designer_plugin.dll) location that is 'C:\Qwt-6.0.1\plugins\designer'.

The plugin and the Qwt lib itsself need to be compatible to the Qt version the designer/creator was build for.
You mean, its better to download qt source and build it, the way its done for qwt? it will be a tedious work, really. Thanks again for ur reply.

Uwe
5th October 2012, 15:46
You mean, its better to download qt source and build it, the way its done for qwt?
No - when the creator/designer is from a different Qt version you want to build your application with you have to build and install Qwt twice.

Uwe