PDA

View Full Version : [Certificate] How can I import/read the client/ intermediate certificate

horoma
16th October 2012, 12:29
Hi, everyone,

I know qt has API to manage the CA certificate, but I do not find any API to handle the manage the client/ intermediate certificates.
Does anyone has implement the import/ read the client/ intermediate certificate? Please give me advise. Thank you very much!

ChrisW67
16th October 2012, 23:58
QSslSocket::setLocalCertificate() sets the client certificate for those occasions it is required.

I would guess that intermediate CA certificates should be placed in the CA certificate store. They are checked recursively up to a limited depth (See QSslSocket::setPeerVerifyDepth()) although unlimited by default.

horoma
17th October 2012, 04:27
QSslSocket::setLocalCertificate() sets the client certificate for those occasions it is required.

I would guess that intermediate CA certificates should be placed in the CA certificate store. They are checked recursively up to a limited depth (See QSslSocket::setPeerVerifyDepth()) although unlimited by default.

Thank you very much. I guess the local certiciate is client certificate. But I find that qt do not support .p12 format of certificate.

ChrisW67
17th October 2012, 10:30
Then use a tool to convert the PKCS12 file to PEM format. OpenSSL will do this for you with something like:

openssl pkcs12 -in cred.p12 -out certkey.pem -nodes -clcerts