PDA

View Full Version : Restore window problem

alenn.masic
23rd October 2012, 11:30
Hi all

I made an app which works in fullscreen mode and I made Minimize button, but when I want to restore my window after minimization it doesn't restore into fullscreen mode, it restore into "windowed" mode. Can you tell me how to restore window into fullscreen again.

alenn.masic
24th October 2012, 21:20
I wrote my question bad or there is no answer for this problem? :)

wysota
24th October 2012, 22:59
How do you "restore" the window?

alenn.masic
25th October 2012, 18:36
when I minimize it I can see it down in taskbar (windows) or in Unity dock (Ubuntu) then I click it and it maximize it self, but it shouldn't restore into window but it should restore into fullscreen. sorry for bad english, it's not my native language.

wysota
25th October 2012, 19:31
In general X11 doesn't have a concept of a "fullscreen" window, it is usually emulated by the window manager, Qt is only passing hints to the window manager what the requested window state is, the rest depends on the window manager. In my opinion you shouldn't allow a fullscreen window to be minimized. It should first be stripped of the fullscreen state and then minimized.

alenn.masic
25th October 2012, 21:28
So are you saying that there is no solution for my problem? if so, then I'll just remove 'minimize' option and problem solved :)