PDA

View Full Version : File does not exist error with rcc.exe

JB_Trace
5th November 2012, 20:38
Hello,

This is my first post in the forum. I'm brand new to Qt. I am using the Qt visual studio add-in with Visual Studio 2008. Somewhere along the line I believe I blew up a configuration setting and during build the rcc.exe is looking for a non existent directory. The error is as follows:

Rcc'ing recipe_manager.qrc...
C:\Qt\4.8.3\bin\rcc.exe: File does not exist 'c:\Users\breenjoh.ALBINT\Documents\Work\Equipment Development\VisualStudio\Recipe_manager\Recipe_man ager\Recipe_manager\recipe_manager.qrc'
Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Rcc'ing recipe_manager.qrc..."

The folder "Recipe_manager" is erroneously repeated in the path an extra time. It worked for several builds over a few days, and I'm puzzled as to how I broke it.

For further background, I have built a form in the Qt designer, called by the add-in from Visual studio.

In short, I believe my question is how do I go about setting that path that rcc.exe is searching on?

Thanks!

JB_Trace
6th November 2012, 16:20
Ok, I was able to correct the issue by deleting several .bak files apparently related to the form. The project builds correctly now.