PDA

View Full Version : Every Qt app in WinXP - 'blocked' input?

aabbaa
7th November 2012, 19:55
Hello.

I have Windows XP Pro SP3, and Geforce 2 MX 200/400.

I installed SMPlayer, which is Qt app and after run weird things happen:
- there are no hover(mouse over) on every buttons (in toolbar) or sometimes hover shows up.
- often when I click any button (on toolbar) then nothing happens,
- often application looks like to be 'suspended'.

That things happens only to Qt apps, other apps works OK.
Is it a virus/malware or sth?
Maybe graphic card is wrong for Qt?

Sorry for my English.

ChrisW67
7th November 2012, 22:20
Given that SMPlayer 0.8.1 and other Qt applications run just fine for me in a virgin Windows XP SP3 with no hardware accelerated video at all I would say the problem is elsewhere in your machine. Make sure you have the latest video driver for your antique card. However, perhaps you should ask the people who wrote the software if they've heard of problems like the ones you have rather than asking in a Qt programming forum.

aabbaa
8th November 2012, 13:41
Thanks, but I installed 'newest' drivers (ForceWare) for NVIDIA - problem still exists.
The problem apply to my own Qt app AND also OTHERS Qt apps - like SMPlayer, VLC etc.

ChrisW67
10th November 2012, 06:58
The problem apply to my own Qt app AND also OTHERS Qt apps - like SMPlayer, VLC etc.
Uh huh. Thousands of people happily run VLC, SMPlayer, and other Qt programs on a variety of Windows platforms. The problem is unique to you and your machine. What would you like us to do about it?

Try starting one of the offending applications form a command prompt and see if there are error messages/warnings.