PDA

View Full Version : QReqExp for any number of white spaces

jesse_mark
8th November 2012, 22:37
Hello

any body can help me with a ReqExp for any number of white spaces...

I tried "[//s]" but this match one space. .

I Have a qStringList f.e = " xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxx xxx xx"

I want to split each word by the spaces

when i tried QSl.splite("")

this give me a QStringList has each word but also has empty Strings.

so how can i have a QStringList with onlyt the words. im tryin to use the white space regexp to split my qstringlist.

thanks

ChrisW67
9th November 2012, 01:37
any body can help me with a ReqExp for any number of white spaces...
I tried "[//s]" but this match one space. .

The regular expression you given will match a single forward slash / or letter s. Did you mean "\\s" perhaps?

I Have a qStringList f.e = " xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxx xxx xx"

You probably have a QString not a QStringList. A QStringList is what you will get when you split the string. If you do, indeed, have a QStringList then you need to split each string in the list separately.

I want to split each word by the spaces
when i tried QSl.splite("")

Neither QStringList nor QString has a splite() function. Did you mean QString::split() perhaps? Did you also mean to put a space between the quotes?

this give me a QStringList has each word but also has empty Strings.
Yes, that is what you asked it for. QString::split() has more than one argument, and one of them is obviously useful in this situation.

so how can i have a QStringList with onlyt the words. im tryin to use the white space regexp to split my qstringlist.
You do not need a regular expression to do this but: "\\s+" will match one or more whitepaces.

jesse_mark
9th November 2012, 15:33
Thanks you so much for taking time and replying to me with details helped me really.

The regular expression you given will match a single forward slash / or letter s. Did you mean "\\s" perhaps?
Yes, i did mean "\\s"

You probably have a QString not a QStringList. A QStringList is what you will get when you split the string. If you do, indeed, have a QStringList then you need to split each string in the list separately.

Yes, you are completely right, I do have QStringList and i need to split each string in the list separately .

Neither QStringList nor QString has a splite() function. Did you mean QString::split() perhaps? Did you also mean to put a space between the quotes?

I think QString does has the Spilt() function becuz this what i use... MyQstring.split("space") ..... yes i did put space between the quotes, but i don't know why the editor eats all the spaces.

Yes, that is what you asked it for. QString::split() has more than one argument, and one of them is obviously useful in this situation.

Yes this what i asked for, but i dont want it to keep the empty strings, but thank i looked again to the other arguments the split has and i there are three
1 - the qstring or the reqexp
2- Split behavior , which has a default value KeepEmptyParts .. << this what i need to change
3: Case sensitivity which also has a default value Qt::CaseSensitive

You do not need a regular expression to do this but: "\\s+" will match one or more whitepaces.

I want to use the Qstring.split(QRegExp("\\s+")); to split the each word of the string and create a list.
what other way can i use to do that with out using the regular expression ??

Thank you again :)

amleto
9th November 2012, 19:35
qstring.html#split

ChrisW67
10th November 2012, 06:15
2- Split behavior , which has a default value KeepEmptyParts .. << this what i need to change

So change it.

what other way can i use to do that with out using the regular expression ??

See above