PDA

View Full Version : Gantt like chart for control system

mudpuppy
16th November 2012, 15:01
Hi All;
I'm looking at making a timing sequence app that makes a chart, like a Gantt chart. For an example look at;
http://www.teetersproducts.com/images/Used%20Equipment/Literature/Speed%20Queen%20-%20EA1520LG%20-%20Service.pdf
page 113 lower right corner.
The second part of the project binds the active bars to DIO ports and has a qtimer drive the chart to do outputs.

I have a pretty good idea on how to do the second part, it's already working from a text file. The text file format is;
105,1,0 // @ 1.05 seconds turn channel 1 off
106,2,1 // @ 1.06 seconds turn channel 2 on

Now I want to do a GUI to do the file creation and editing. Any ideas?
in the future I want to add analog output abase on a curve, but baby steps first.

The output is done using the comedi driver library.
Thanks
Pat

freely
26th November 2012, 14:29
Hi,

I work on similar task:

I need to build waveform viewer – like GUI in Qt, that is similar to Modelsim vsim with certain regions rectangles if different colors and length, time scale, marker lines on time scale with zooming in / out.

Have anybody worked with such waveform viewer GUI. Can anybody advice link to source code, open source project in Qt with above features ?

I have only QML profiler GUI source codes similar. I need more examples in Qt.

This is a good idea to use QGraphicsView framework and to represent the waveforms as QGraphicsPolygonItem or custom items, there should be zoomable time scale and markers, the elements ( rectangles ) on the plot should be expandable. Not sure that QWT contains such kind of plot, does it ?

Have anybody met ( experienced ) such open source project where this type of GUI implemented ?

I am interested in previous experiences / open source or com. projects when such waveforms were created using Qt v. 4.2 + Graphics View framework.
Similar illustrations of the interface that I am looking for are among:

Tnx in advance. Hp to hear...