PDA

View Full Version : How to get OpenSSL enabled/configured?

Mobility
18th November 2012, 09:13
I'm having huge difficulties to get OpenSSL into use. Simply, I've been trying to run the Secure Socket Client example, but it keeps saying that "System does not support OpenSSL".

I have installed OpenSSL for x64 (from http://www.slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html) using default windows paths. It was not working so I tried to copy libeay32.dll, libssl32.dll & ssleay32.dll to the example directory where the securesocketclient executable locates. Still not working and gives the same notification mentioned above.

Should I edit the .pro file somehow, configure or even rebuild Qt somehow, add some parameters to QtCreator, or something else? I would think that example made about use of OpenSSL would include all the needed parts, but clearly there's something that should still be done. Just don't know what it is. Any help is highly appreciated!

Thanks for your time!

wysota
18th November 2012, 09:39
You need a version of the OpenSSL library that is compatible with your Qt installation, e.g. if you have Qt built for 32 bits, you need 32bit (x86) OpenSSL). In doubt use Dependency Walker to check the deps.

Mobility
18th November 2012, 09:49
Now this must be world record of quick answer, which actually resolved the issue!

Problem was that even though I have Windows 64bit, I had installed 32 bit version of Qt (long time ago). Now I tried to use 64 bit version of OpenSSL and that did not work. After installing 32bit OpenSSL it worked right away.

Thanks again!