PDA

View Full Version : Serial Port communication

mgurbuz
16th January 2007, 15:27
Hi!
I am trying to communicate to a serial port device. I would like to use "QExtSerial". I downloaded and build the QextSerial but I need some help to use it correctly. Could anybody share an example with me?

Thank you

ederbs
18th January 2007, 00:22
Hi,

it sees if this aid you.

http://lists.trolltech.com/qt-interest/search.php?search=qextserial&Action=Search&doc=on

Ederson de Moura

mgurbuz
19th January 2007, 15:42
I was successful using "QExtSerial" code. Actually I changed and shortened the code to be able to embed it to my original code. If anybody needs an easy serial comm. code just send me a message....

ynimish
24th March 2007, 12:19
Can u Please post that code. I am new with qt. Stuck up for serial communication

jjbabu
10th September 2007, 14:15
I was successful using "QExtSerial" code. Actually I changed and shortened the code to be able to embed it to my original code. If anybody needs an easy serial comm. code just send me a message....

i need ur kind help to get my application success. actually am using windows with qt 4.1 verison. i am developing GUI for my app and that should read the data comming from serial port.
for this i started with downloading of qextserialport and extracted this ,here i struck up with not getting the libraries while compiling the "qextserialport".
plz help me,how to cretae libraries and if u have any sample examples plz provide to me.
thanx a lot.

dheeraj
12th April 2008, 13:07
Hi can you pls give me the serial Comm Code. I am working on serial comm with qextserialport but i am stuck i don find the lib files. !!

wysota
12th April 2008, 14:02
Did you compile QExtSerialPort?

dheeraj
12th April 2008, 17:57
Ya i did compile . I tried it both on Qt and Qt with VS2005. I don know wats wrong i get a error when i try to compile qextserialport.pro
This is the error i get.

1>------ Build started: Project: qextserialport, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>MOC examples\qespta\QespTest.h
1>MOC examples\qespta\MessageWindow.h
1>MOC examples\qespta\MainWindow.h
1>Compiling...
1>moc_QespTest.cpp
1>moc_MessageWindow.cpp
1>moc_MainWindow.cpp
1>win_qextserialport.cpp
1>.\win_qextserialport.cpp(343) : warning C4100: 'c' : unreferenced formal parameter
1>qextserialport.cpp
1>qextserialbase.cpp
1>QespTest.cpp
1>posix_qextserialport.cpp
1>c:\Documents and Settings\Shyam\Desktop\Q Network\qextserialport\termios.h(9) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '<class-head>'
1>c:\Documents and Settings\Shyam\Desktop\Q Network\qextserialport\termios.h(9) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
1>c:\Documents and Settings\Shyam\Desktop\Q Network\qextserialport\termios.h(129) : fatal error C1189: #error : "Struct termios undefined on your architecture"
1>MessageWindow.cpp
1>.\examples\qespta\MessageWindow.cpp(93) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier '{ctor}'
1>.\examples\qespta\MessageWindow.cpp(121) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier '{ctor}'
1>MainWindow.cpp
1>main.cpp
1>Generating Code...
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Shyam\Desktop\Q Network\qextserialport\debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>qextserialport - 5 error(s), 1 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

wysota
12th April 2008, 18:00
So you didn't compile it. The build failed. It seems that you forgot to run qmake or something. Looks like the compiler tries to compile the unix version.

dheeraj
12th April 2008, 18:57
Hey i did run qmake. Hey this is what i did before i cud compile it in VS

qmake -project
qmake projectname.pro
nmake projectname.pro
qmake -tp vc projectname.pro

But no luck i keep getting this error. I even tried the pre compile version of qextserialport lib.

wysota
12th April 2008, 19:00
You shouldn't have issued "qmake -project". Go ahead and read the docs about what it does.

asmaafarahat
9th August 2010, 12:15

please send me the code e_asma_@yahoo.com

jyothish
22nd January 2011, 03:38

will you please send me the code..i need to communicate to the serial port
jyothish.jojy@gmail.com