PDA

View Full Version : Qt Creator Exotic C++ Suffix

redruM
28th November 2012, 10:14
Hi!

We have special C++ suffixes in our company. When I try to import our projects in QtCreator, these files are not in the Project tree. I don't want to add them manually. Is there a way to specify some file types as C++ files in QtCreator?
For example *.hwq / *.cwq should be C++ header/source suffixes.

wysota
28th November 2012, 10:26
Add them to the SOURCES and HEADERS variable in your project file.

redruM
28th November 2012, 15:46
I'm sorry, but I don't know what project file.
I created my project by: 'New Project' -> 'Import Existing Project' and indicate the location. I couldn't use any other way because of some reasons which would be hard to explain with my poor english ;)
So I don't have a project file. Only 5 files are created in the folder: xy.config/xy.creator/xy.creator.user/xy.files/xy.includes
I can add files by 'Add Existing Files', but there are many subfolders and I would have to do it for every folder. And I'm afraid things like jumping to functions (by F2) into other files than the current opened don't work, because he doesn't recognize my files as C++ files.

wysota
28th November 2012, 16:38
I'm sorry, but I don't know what project file.
The thing with "pro" suffix. If you don't have it then QtCreator is not managing your project and you're on your own.

redruM
29th November 2012, 09:23
I don't have a pro file. Does anybody know another way to tell QtCreator to handle certain files as C++ files? Maybe in general, independent from the current project?