PDA

View Full Version : QSslSocket toggle certificates

raszewski
29th November 2012, 10:30
Hi

I've got one question. I have to write some code with SSL communication, but there is one big problem. I've got few different certificates and privates keys. I can get correct certificate after I receive from client some important info. After that I chose correct certificate, private key and start socket encryption.

on server side I have

QSslSocket* pSocket = new QSslSocket(this);
pSocket->setSocketDescriptor(m_nextSocketDesc);
pSocket->startServerEncryption();

on client side

m_pSslSocket->connectToHost(address, port);

I was thinking, that after i receive some info i just add correct certificate and start client encryption.
But after client connects to server, server immediately disconnects client and emits errors;
Any suggestions?

wysota
29th November 2012, 10:48
Shouldn't you be calling connectToHostEncrypted() on the client if the server starts encryption immediately after receiving the connection?

raszewski
29th November 2012, 11:28
Yes, it works with connectToHostEncrypted() on the client, but only when server is configured with some certificate and key.
But still it is not solution for my problem. I need to divide communication to unsecured mode and secured mode. In first step i received some info and after that I need to toggle to secure mode. But all communication should be on the same connection.

On the first step I want to connect without encryption

m_pSslSocket->connectToHost(address, port);
and after a while toggle client to encryption

m_pSslSocket->startClientEncryption();

wysota
29th November 2012, 14:43
I need to divide communication to unsecured mode and secured mode.
So don't call startServerEncryption() immediately.

raszewski
29th November 2012, 15:34
It should works. But what should I used instead of startServerEncryption() ? QTcpServer->addPendingConnection(pSslSocket)?

wysota
29th November 2012, 19:51
You don't have to do anything. The moment you set the socket descriptor on Qt's socket, you're ready to read/write data to it. Once you know all the details required to establish encryption, call startServerEncryption().