PDA

View Full Version : why pushbutton moving??

Shuchi Agrawal
17th January 2007, 12:53
i hv made a mainwindow in Qt designer.
in this i added a dockwidget as floating window or sidebar n there is a pushbutton on central widget..
now when i m moving the dockwidget across the central widget then the pushbutton is moving the opposite side as if giving space for the side bar..
how can i fix the place of pushbutton irrespective of moving dockwidget?
please suggest..
i m working on windows xp.. qt evaluation version 4.2.2 and Microsoft visual studio 6.0C++

jacek
17th January 2007, 16:02
Does it behave just like demos/mainwindow demo?

Shuchi Agrawal
18th January 2007, 04:55
Does it behave just like demos/mainwindow demo?

yes its exactly behaving like demos/mainwindow demo. so can u tel me the reason and how it can b avoided..

jacek
18th January 2007, 12:26
yes its exactly behaving like demos/mainwindow demo. so can u tel me the reason and how it can b avoided..
It's a feature and you can disable it by setting the animated (http://doc.trolltech.com/4.2/qmainwindow.html#animated-prop) property to false.

Shuchi Agrawal
18th January 2007, 13:15
i have one dock widget n one push button.. i tried setting this animated property false but its not working... i dnt know why? as still the pushbutton is moving the other way when dock widget is moved at its place. what can b the reason?

jacek
18th January 2007, 13:35
as still the pushbutton is moving the other way when dock widget is moved at its place. what can b the reason?
How is that button "moving"? Do you still see the animation or it just jumps aside to make place for the dock widget?

Shuchi Agrawal
19th January 2007, 05:33
ya its jump aside to make place for the dock widget... i think this is what animation is? is it not?

jacek
19th January 2007, 18:17
ya its jump aside to make place for the dock widget...
This is how it works in Qt 4.2. You need some empty space to drop your dock widget.

i think this is what animation is? is it not?
No, the animated version is fluent.