PDA

View Full Version : Problem with installing

Bloodcount
7th December 2012, 09:23
Hey guys, I think I have screwed up the Qt installation a lot. I downloaded the libraries and the IDE, I installed them both, as a result I have 2 Qt Creators atm, though this isn't really a problem. The problem is that I haven't got any libraries what so ever (even <iostream>) So I am thinking that I haven't finished the installation. Basically I just downloaded and installed is there a next step ?

Thanks in advance.

amleto
7th December 2012, 12:08
wrong forum.
http://www.qtcentre.org/forums/5-Installation-and-Deployment

iostream is a c++ header, not a Qt one.

ChrisW67
7th December 2012, 21:11
I downloaded the libraries and the IDE, I installed them both, as a result I have 2 Qt Creators atm, though this isn't really a problem. The problem is that I haven't got any libraries what so ever (even <iostream>) So I am thinking that I haven't finished the installation. Basically I just downloaded and installed is there a next step ?

Exactly what did you download? What was already on your machine in terms of C++ tools? Visual Studio x? MingW? Nothing?

The library binary distribution does not include Qt creator or a C++ compiler
The Qt Creator binary distribution does not include Qt dev libraries or a C++ compiler
The somewhat dated Qt SDK includes both Qt Creator and a Mingw C++ compiler. It may also have a set of Qt libraries but they will probably not be current.