PDA

View Full Version : dont step into Qt source - Visual Studio

tuli
7th December 2012, 23:02
Hi,

I am running Qt 484 and VS2008 with the qt visual studio addon 1111. Everything works fine, but often i accidentally step into Qt source code. I dont want to do that.
Here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/andypennell/archive/2004/02/06/69004.aspx

is a nice description of how to exclude certain namespaces/functions/we from being stepped into. In fact, i use exactly this to filter stepping into c++ stl source code:

std\:\:.*=NoStepInto

works fine.
I understand all Qt functionality is wrapped in the QT_NAMESPACE, implemented by the macro QT_BEGIN_NAMESPACE.
Unfortunately,

QT_NAMESPACE\:\:.*=NoStepInto

does NOT work. :(

Any ideas why not and how to do this?

wysota
8th December 2012, 09:22
QT_NAMESPACE is empty by default thus it will not work. You'd need to rebuild Qt.

tuli
8th December 2012, 12:39
ok.
assuming i rebuild Qt with the switch to set the namespace to MyQtNs::, and i would emit a "using namespace MyQtNs" after every #include<Qtxxx>, would that work just like it does now?
Or is there anything else i have to consider?

Any other ways of not stepping into Qt Source code?

btw, when i hit "f10" (vs: step over) on my project, i end up in some shady qWinMain() or something, and hit my "int main(){...}" only later on. Previously i would start at my main() right away. Has something changed there?

wysota
8th December 2012, 15:41
Any other ways of not stepping into Qt Source code?
Well... there is one -- get rid of Qt sources. This way there is no way for your debugger to go into them.