PDA

View Full Version : Qt and Octave, problem with Octave functions when running embedded with Qt

nicanor5
27th December 2012, 14:57
Hello, I've posted this question on a thread in the newbie forum, but since I consider this a more advanced issue I'm going to post it here, but if the moderators consider this wrong please feel free to remove it.

I'm currently developing an application with a Qt GUI that uses Octave to do some signal processing to an audio signal (including loading and playing it), to use Octave I'm running it in an embedded mode in which Octave runs in the background (multi-threading is not a necessity for now).

I'm having trouble when running octave embedded in a Qt project as one of the Octave functions used in my process, hanning() is returning only zeros.

This doesn't happen if I use Octave embedded without Qt.

If you can help me or guide me where I can get more help, thank you very much.

amleto
27th December 2012, 15:39
read my sig.

nicanor5
28th December 2012, 15:56
Thanks amleto, I'll be sure to take into account your advice for next time.

And about the problem, it seemed to be a problem with a previous version of Octave (I had version 3.2), testing the program with version 3.6.2 everything works so far.

After I got everything working I'm going to make a guide or tutorial on how to use Qt and Octave, since documentation about this is really scarce.

mariusz555
7th September 2013, 21:56
Hi,
I'm using octave version 3.6.3 and the problem returned. Unfortunately, the application starts every script returns 0. Maybe someone has an idea how to fix this problem?