PDA

View Full Version : QMainWindow inside a MDIarea as QMDisubwindow. Icon not changing

artome
5th January 2013, 15:02
hi,
I have a QT Gui application that has a MdiArea where I open subwindows, also based on QMainwindow. I've done that essentially because I wanted to have a taskbar on each of the subwindows.
Everything works fine but the icon in each of the subwindows is the same as the application itself.

the setWindowTitle works great I can have different windows titles for the subwindows but setWindowIcon has no effect.

anyone knows how to change the icons in this case?

An happy new year.

Santosh Reddy
5th January 2013, 15:05
Did you make sure the icon (or resourse file) is accessible, watch for warnings in Application Output

artome
5th January 2013, 17:02
Yes I've made sure. And I also used the designer to build the subwindows and in the designer I've put a specific icon that is shown in the preview of the form but then when inserted that window in the mdiarea the icon becames replaced by the icon of the application,
I even issue the setWindowIcon with a nonexistent icon, as in that case no icon would be used, but always the same result the icon is the icon of the application.

regards,

Yes I've made sure. And I also used the designer to build the subwindows and in the designer I've put a specific icon that is shown in the preview of the form but then when inserted that window in the mdiarea the icon becames replaced by the icon of the application,
I even issue the setWindowIcon with a nonexistent icon, as in that case no icon would be used, but always the same result the icon is the icon of the application.

regards,

regards,

Added after 1 45 minutes:

this->setWindowIcon(QIcon(QString::fromUtf8(":/Icons/Icons/insert-table2.png")));
tablewindow *windowtable=new tablewindow;
//windowtable->setWindowIcon(QIcon(QString::fromUtf8(":/Icons/Icons/insert-table2.png")));
windowtable->setWindowTitle(dialog.fileName);

ui->mdiArea->addSubWindow(windowtable,Qt::SubWindow);

Just to make more clear the above piece of code is in my mainwindow.cpp. when I added the first line of code

this->setWindowIcon(QIcon(QString::fromUtf8(":/Icons/Icons/insert-table2.png")));

the Icon of the main application changed as the icon of the subwindow (windowtable)
just to confirm that really insert-table2.png was acessible.

The behavior that I was expecting was to change only the subwindow icon through the line

//windowtable->setWindowIcon(QIcon(QString::fromUtf8(":/Icons/Icons/insert-table2.png")));

commented above but was not comented when I tested. I imagine that this is something deep inside qt that makes all the Qmainwindows share the icon of the main Qmainwindows. I may be wrong, obviously.

regards,