PDA

View Full Version : Cannot run qtdemo - directory missing

fopetesl
21st January 2007, 13:42
When I attempt to compile qtdemo using qmake and make I get the following error:
private/qt_x11_p.h: No such file or directory

Actually qt_x11_p.h doesn't exist anywhere on my file system.

I guess I am missing some packages, dev maybe? (doesn't seem to be a QT dev package):confused:

QT 4.1.4

wysota
21st January 2007, 16:15
qtdemo should get compiled when you compile Qt itself. qt_x11_p.h is part of Qt4 source tree.

fopetesl
21st January 2007, 17:42
qtdemo should get compiled when you compile Qt itself. qt_x11_p.h is part of Qt4 source tree.
Thanks wysota. My package is/was part of the Mandriva library so I (mistakenly) assumed it is/was complete.
Since I appear to be running 4.1.4 can I either just download the missing part(s) from where
or, if up download the 4.2.x package am I likely to break anything in recompiling?
I already seem to have 3.x installed though why I don't know - can I remove this with impunity?

wysota
21st January 2007, 19:53
Thanks wysota. My package is/was part of the Mandriva library so I (mistakenly) assumed it is/was complete.
You should have qtdemo available then as part of one of Mandriva Qt4 packages (qt4-examples or simmilar).

Since I appear to be running 4.1.4 can I either just download the missing part(s) from where
Try your favourite urpmi mirror :)

or, if up download the 4.2.x package am I likely to break anything in recompiling?
No, you won't break anything. You can only break rpm dependencies, but that's not a big deal if you don't uninstall Qt4.1

I already seem to have 3.x installed though why I don't know - can I remove this with impunity?

No. Qt4 is not backwards compatible with Qt3, so all your Qt3 apps (including KDE) would stop working.