PDA

View Full Version : Digia Qt Ignores Commercial License Request

HyperB
15th January 2013, 18:57
Help... I'm totally stuck. I want to port an existing project to Qt, but this is going to require obtaining a commercial license from Digia.

I have contacted Digia 3 (THREE) times over the last three months... most recently one week ago, asking about pricing and information on how to obtain a COMMERCIAL license. Nobody, no one, zero, zilch - has bothered to respond from Digia.

What am I supposed to do? There are no email addresses for contacts at Digia, only their online 'contact form'. This is terrible business response - sadly I'm seriously questioning whether I should even invest my time with their product.

I realize of course this is not a Digia forum - only Qt users.

But does anyone have experience with Digia, as a COMMERCIAL customer? What are your experiences?

Thanks,

Expaticus

wysota
15th January 2013, 21:17
Help... I'm totally stuck. I want to port an existing project to Qt, but this is going to require obtaining a commercial license from Digia.
Are you sure you need it? Why can't you use LGPL?

What am I supposed to do? There are no email addresses for contacts at Digia, only their online 'contact form'. This is terrible business response - sadly I'm seriously questioning whether I should even invest my time with their product.
I would probably risk sending a mail to sales at digia.com. You could probably also contact Katherine Barrios and ask her to forward your request to someone more appropriate.

Santosh Reddy
16th January 2013, 10:05
Digia (and Nokia also in past) has local/regional partners to sell and co-ordinate the licenses. See if you can get to you regional Qt partner.

Katt1078
16th January 2013, 16:53
Hi - sorry about this issue. We will make sure this does not happen again. What is your name used in the contact form? What country are you based in? Otherwise, please send an email to qt.info@digia.com with your info and I will make sure someone gets back to you.

Thanks, Katherine
Digia, Qt

pgarbacz
5th December 2013, 07:53
The same thing happened to me last days.... i would like to buy qt commercial because of the Qt Charts module and new 3D visualization technology but there is no response from digia for my quastion via contact form and qt.info@digia.com.

anda_skoa
5th December 2013, 10:59
If Digia does not respond you could check with KDAB, they also have a commercially licensed charting engine.
http://www.kdab.com/kdab-products/kd-chart/

Cheers,
_

ChrisW67
5th December 2013, 21:29
I would try sales@digia.com in a direct email and make sure you mention that the Contact form is being ignored/not working. Sales people tend to revel in potential new customers and you are not being lumped in with thousands of general queries. Digia also publish quite a few phone numbers.
http://qt.digia.com/About-us/Contact-us/

You could even drop a copy of the email to webmaster@digia.com ( as well as sales) so they can see the potential problem.

styborsk
11th February 2014, 20:29
I've experienced very similar behavior from Digia in the last three weeks. I've sent two "contact" requests, called and left vmail for sales reps, etc. Not even the receptionist answers the phone. It makes me wonder if the company is actually still afloat - in fact, I asked that exact question twice now (without response).

anda_skoa
12th February 2014, 13:31
If you don't need the commercial license because your legal department insists on it, e.g. if you want it for support or getting bugs fixed, I would suggest you consider contacting any of the various service providers in the Qt eco system.

Cheers,
_